Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Shack

The Shack
The Shack by William P. Young

My Review
rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a wonderful book! It had its emotionally difficult moments for sure, but overall was a completely comforting story. It reinforced many of the beliefs I had regarding God, but also showed me a few misconceptions or judgements that I share with Mack, the main character. I found myself wishing that somehow I could have an experience like Mack does, to meet God and receive the peace and healing bestowed upon him. I guess for now I'll have to be satisfied with knowing there are wonderful things (hopefully) waiting for me when my time on this planet is complete.


I think this brings my total to 27 books read since Memorial Day, so all in all, not a bad summer! I live about a mile and a half from St. Mary's by the Sea, a small park of sorts right on the water with benches, a walking path, etc. and that's where I've done most of my reading. At least 2 or 3 nights a week I've gone there after work, enjoyed the breeze and the view, and read practically until sunset. The sun is setting earlier and earlier now, so I think my speed of reading is about to decrease (not to mention that the Fall TV lineup starts next week for many shows!). I thought I'd share a few photos I've taken this summer to give you an idea of the views I see from where I sit - I think you'll see why I spend so much time there!








3 comments:

  1. I was just talking to my mom about this book. Sounds interesting! Sounds like a wonderful place to relax and read too. Love your pics, especially the flag one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be there all the time too, how nice to live so close! Great pics Jess. And wow on reading all those books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I envy you I was born and raised on the west coast and we spent all of our summer at the beach. I now live inland and really miss the sea. Ann Lind

    ReplyDelete