Monday, August 11, 2008

Lottery

Lottery
Lottery by Patricia Wood

My Review
Rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was just the sweetest story. It is told from the viewpoint of Perry L. Crandall who is NOT retarded - he has an IQ of 76, and you have to have a number of 75 or lower to officially be mentally retarded, as Perry reminds you repeatedly throughout the book. I read this book in about 4 hours because I just couldn't put it down and kept telling myself "just one more chapter" until suddenly I was at the end! I loved seeing the world through Perry's eyes and his simple, no nonsense way of looking at things had me laughing out loud a number of times. It had a few sad moments too, but overall was a wonderful, uplifting read that made me stop and think about how it's the little things in life that really matter and can bring you joy.

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of this one and it sounds good. Off to add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete