Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Birthday Card for Mom

I made this card for my mom's birthday. I have no idea what I'm giving her as a gift yet, but at least I've got the card done! I used some of my new Nestabilities - a classic rectangle (which I also embossed, though it's hard to see in the photo) and a scalloped rectangle. Gotta get my money's worth out of those things! I used SU's word window punch to punch an opening out of the black strip, punching it twice, side by side, for a window long enough for the sentiment. The sentiment is stamped on a scrap of white cardstock which I then centered in the window and taped to the back. The spots on the ladybug's back are traced with a clear spica pen, and the window is traced with that pen as well. I hope she likes it!

Supplies
Stamps: Papertrey's Little Lady, Birthday Basics
Ink: Palette Noir, Sage Shadow
Paper: PTI white, Basic Black, Sage Shadow
Other: Nestabilities, stylized flower cuttlebug folder, word window punch, clear spica pen, dimensionals, May Arts ribbon

4 comments:

  1. Your card is very pretty, and your mom will LOVE it. You sure are rocking the nesties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable Jess! Love the spica outlines, the Nesties, the color combo and the uber cute ladybug. Guess I like it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors...I bet she will LOVE it!!!! ACK...I NEED Nesties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Your mom will love it! I need Nesties, too!

    ReplyDelete