Friday, August 8, 2008

Remaining GBC Creations


I think this one was my favorite of all the non-Christmas cards that I created at the GBC. This is for my friend Marie, who had her first baby, Quincy Reginald, on July 30 (3 weeks early!). I can't wait to see him, but she ended up having an unexpected c-section because her blood pressure was through the roof, so I figured I'd give her a little time to rest and get used to having little Quincy at home! I just love this little PTI buggy - so fun to customize with just a little paper piecing!

Supplies
Stamps: PTI's Bitty Baby Blessings
Ink: Palette Noir, Bashful Blue
Paper: PTI white, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, DCWV patterned paper
Other: clear gemstones, SU oval punches, Swiss Dot Cuttlebug folder, twill ribbon from Taylored Expressions




This was my first foray into coloring with Copic markers and let's just say, some practice is needed! I had a really hard time getting the hang of blending, of removing ink from spots, etc. I guess I'll have to wait until next year's LOSTie gathering to play some more, because I'm not spending all that money on toys I can't even use properly!

I love this image from Impression Obsession and I think if I were any good, it would be really fun to color, LOL! I pulled the colors from the Figgy Pudding paper from Basic Grey, so it's sort of stuck between a Christmas card and an everyday one. Oh well!

Supplies
Stamps: image and sentiment from Impression Obsession
Ink: Palette Noir, Mellow Moss, Copic markers
Paper: Ruby Red, Mellow Moss, PTI white, Basic Grey Figgy Pudding
Other: SU scallop punch, Weding Bells dew drops, Sakura silver gel pen

Colleen issued a challenge to make a card about food, but NOT using cupcakes (since that was naturally the first instinct all of us had!). I thought I was out of options, but Rachel had her A Muse Sushi set, so I borrowed it for the challenge. The sushi "fillings" are colored with glitter pens, and the tray is outlined with one as well. Otherwise, there's just some sponging along the card edges and a little paper piercing along the top and bottom of the green square.

Supplies
Stamps: A Muse image and sentiment
Ink: Always Artichoke

Paper: PTI white, Always Artichoke
Other: spica glitter pens, clear gemstones
This was just another quick baby card, made for my friend Lili who is due with a little boy in November. The oval is punched out of the blue top layer so that the sentiment, stamped on the base, shows through.

Supplies
Stamps: PTI Bitty Baby Blessings
Ink: Bashful Blue
Paper: PTI white, Bashful Blue, Close to Cocoa
Other: SU small oval punch, Marvy giga scallop oval punch, mega oval punch, clear spica pen, misc. brown ribbon, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder



This last card was made from a little "kit" sent to all of us at the GBC by LOSTie Debbie. The image, paper, ribbon, and dew drops all came from her and I challenged myself to see what I could come up with. I think it turned out pretty cheery, though that yellow and blue copic marker choice is unusual on my part - I don't usually go that bright!

Supplies
Stamps: Inkadinkado cupcake image
Ink: yellow and blue copics
Paper: Real Red, Vanilla, patterned paper from ????
Other: red grosgrain, dew drops, Stardust stickles (on sprinkles)

3 comments:

  1. You ROCK! It was so fun stamping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute cards, Jess! GBC was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess we had so much fun! I miss ya! So glad we got to meet IRL! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete