Monday, August 4, 2008

GBC!!!

My trip to the Gutter Bus Cottage in Bailey, CO with 11 of my LOSTies was every bit as wonderful as I'd hoped! I had SO MUCH fun and laughed and cried and ate and drank and oh, right, stamped a little too! Stamping honestly wasn't my priority; I was more concerned with just chatting and giggling and general merriment, but I did bring a bunch of stamping stuff with me and of course raided other people's loot as well, so I got more done than I thought I might!

I think this one is my favorite of all the cards I made and I plan to use this as my Christmas card for my extended family this year. It was quick and easy to do and will not be hard to mass produce. The card was inspired by a challenge issued by Colleen - we had to create a card using the colors we were wearing. I had on a red shirt and denim capris, and luckily had the supplies to replicate that!

Supplies
Stamps: Snowflake Serenade by PTI
Ink: Night of Navy, Real Red
Paper: Night of Navy, PTI white
Other: Real Red ribbon, clear spica pen, clear gemstones

Here's another quick and easy Christmas card that I was pretty pleased with and would take no time at all to make multiples of. The car is colored with a silver glitter gel pen and the headlights are covered with clear gemstones. Otherwise, just a few small layers, a multi-colored sentiment, and the card is done!

Supplies
Stamps: A Muse image, sentiment from PTI's Take a Bough
Ink: Palette Noir, Real Red, Garden Green
Paper: PTI white, Real Red, Garden Green
Other: silver Sakura pen, clear gemstones

I used the same image for this card and cased my friend Tracy for the layout and design. This time I used a red copic marker to color the car and used the silver glitter gel pen for the bumper. The wreath is also colored with sakura glitter gel pens for some extra sparkle.

Supplies
Stamps: A Muse image, sentiment from PTI's Take a Bough
Ink: Palette Noir, red copic marker
Paper: Old Olive, Real Red, PTI white, SU patterned paper
Other: clear gemstones, silver, red, and green Sakura glitter gel pens






I've become a big fan of very simple card with one, maybe two layers, so this card fits right in. I love how quick and easy I can create cards with this Papertrey set and plan to use it for a lot of my Christmas cards this year. The ornament hook is traced with a gold spica pen and the center of the ornament is traced with a clear Sakura glitter gel pen. The stars are self-adhesive and I found them at Joann's in their $1 spot!

Supplies
Stamps: Take a Bough by Papertrey
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Always Artichoke, Cranberry Crisp, Summer Sun
Paper: PTI white, Cranberry Crisp
Other: gold spica pen, clear Sakura gel pen, silver star embellishments

I've got more to share, but it's almost midnight and tomorrow I go back to work after my WONDERFUL long weekend. :-( I've got a handful of non-Christmas cards that I worked on, so I'll share those tomorrow night or later in the week.

Goodnight!

4 comments:

  1. These are all adorable. I just love that little car image!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made some really cute stuff, Jess! It was so much fun stamping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ALL of these...but the Drunk Holly one is still my Fave ;)

    ReplyDelete