Friday, August 8, 2008

Birthday Card for Alyson

I made this card for my LOSTie sister Alyson, whose birthday was the day we arrived at the GBC. It was wonderful to be able to see her in person on her special day, and to get cake as part of the bargain! ;-)

The main image panel is slightly crooked, but when I noticed it and tried to reposition, the tape started ripping the paper a bit and I decided it wasn't worth it. So just ignore that part, ok? (Oh, and ignore the crooked sentiment too!) I had started off by watercoloring the cupcake frosting but the realized the color that it dried as was waaaaaay off from the pink of the cardstock, paper, and ribbon. So, I covered it with the white opal liquid pearls which apparently let some of the watercoloring show through, creating a pinkish frosting that was a much better match! I love when accidents turn out ok like that!

Supplies
Stamps: cuppacakeabella, sentiment from PTI's Birthday Basics
Ink: Palette Noir, Close to Cocoa, Blush Blossom
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Mellow Moss, PTI white, Chatterbox paper
Other: Sweet Blush twill ribbon from PTI, white opal liquid pearl, pink gemstone

No comments:

Post a Comment