Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Friday Night Knitting Club

The Friday Night Knitting Club
The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs

My Review
rating: 3 of 5 stars

I snagged this off my mother's bookshelf this week and while I liked the majority of the book, I did not like the end, which is what kept me from giving this 4 stars. I loved the exploration of the lives of the characters and how the book was told from each of their perspectives. That made for a very interesting and well-rounded picture of this group of women. I don't want to give anything away about the ending, so I'll just say it was not what I expected and I wish it had ended differently. Otherwise this was a very enjoyable story and a well-written first book for the author.

1 comment:

  1. Now I'm really curious. My mom just finished this not too long ago and she is bringing it to me next time she comes up. Sounds like a cute story.

    ReplyDelete