Sunday, August 17, 2008

I Heard That Song Before

This will be a slow week in Shamrocks and Seashells land, as I'm visiting my parents and have no stamping supplies with me. So, no projects to share, but I have read one book so far since I got here and if my mom keeps taking naps instead of hanging out with me, I just may read a few more before the week is up!

I Heard That Song Before
I Heard That Song Before by Mary Higgins Clark

My Review
Rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked this book well enough, though it wasn't my favorite of Mary Higgins Clark's books (and I think I've read them all!). I don't want to give everything away, but the events at the beginning of the book (mainly the shotgun wedding between two of the characters) were just too unbelievable for me and didn't allow me to really connect with those characters and buy in to their story. That aside, this was a typical MHC mystery that kept me interested enough to read it in just a few hours. I generally find her books to be a little predictable, although this one did keep me guessing just a little longer than some of her others. Overall, a quick and easy mindless read!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of MHC too. I liked this book a lot better then the one before it (Two Little Girls In Blue) which I couldn't seem to even finish. She has a new one out now but I haven't read it yet. Enjoy your time with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good book - but I really wanted to wish you Happy Birthday!
    LOSTie Debbie

    ReplyDelete