Monday, August 4, 2008

Breaking Dawn

Breaking Dawn (Twilight Series, Book 4) Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

My Review
rating: 5 of 5 stars

Really, if I could have given Breaking Dawn 4.5 stars instead of 5, I would have. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it and won't read it repeatedly in the weeks and years to come, but in all honesty, I just didn't like the book as much as Eclipse or Twilight, so to give this the full five stars doesn't give enough credit to those two books. Yet I liked it more than New Moon, so I wanted to give it more than 4 stars. What a dilemma! I ended up giving the full five because it really was a wonderful book.

I don't know what it is that makes me hesitate just slightly about raving that I love love loved it. I guess I can't really explain it without giving anything away, and the last thing I want to do is spoil the book for anyone! There was definitely plenty of the good romance I was looking for, some tear-jerking moments, and some heart-pounding action as well. I was lucky enough to get the very last copy available in the bookstore at the Denver airport yesterday afternoon, so I was able to read my whole flight home, which made the 3.5 hours fly by! I was a little over 500 pages in by the end of the flight, and then saved the rest for this morning so I would have something to look forward to when I woke up, LOL! I'm really sad for the series to come to an end, and I REALLY hope Stephenie Meyer gets crack-a-lackin on writing Twilight from Edward's perspective. At least there's the movie to look forward to on December 12!

No comments:

Post a Comment