Monday, June 30, 2008

More Challenges!

This card doubles up for two more LOSTie challenges - one was to make a Friendship card featuring two people or animals on it. So I've got some hula twins having fun in the sun! The other challenge was to make two cards with the same color scheme and patterned paper but different stamps, layout, etc. And up now is the other card that fits that challenge...



This card uses the same paper and colors obviously, but was designed to fit another challenge, Kris' Thirsty Thursday challenge. We had to make a card with a beverage on it, so I of course chose my favorite drink, some margaritas! I paper pieced the glasses to make them more colorful and decorative and then went around the rims with Star Dust stickles as the "salt". I also traced the words "limes" and "margaritas" with my clear Spica pen for some extra sparkle.

Whew! I managed to do 12 of the 14 LOSTie challenges, and did it in only 5 cards! One of the perks of being slow to arrive on the scene - the challenges had all been issued, so I could look over them and see where things could be combined. I had so much fun finally stamping again - I've been long overdue! Thanks Kris!

Supplies: All stamps by A Muse, all ribbon and white cardstock by Papertrey, patterned paper and all colored cardstock by Stampin' Up.




1 comment:

  1. Jess, both of your cards are super cute! I love the patterned paper that you used and the way that you made your margaritas "swirly" looking.

    ReplyDelete