Friday, June 27, 2008

Dinner...

I love to cook. I really do. I just seem to never do it anymore. Well tonight I made one of my new favorite recipes and figured since this is the closest thing to cooking that I've done in a while, I'll share it! It's LOSTie Chatapalooza weekend which, for many of us, is a great excuse to chow down on junk food! So for my evening munching, I made this Buffalo Chicken Dip with a few variations.

First off, I don't use canned chicken. Both times I've made this, I've gotten Boars Head Buffalo Style chicken breast from the deli. I have them slice it pretty thick, about half an inch, and then just dice that up. It's quick and easy and adds extra buffalo flavor. Of couse, you could also bake or boil some chicken breasts yourself, but really, I can't be bothered with that most of the time. I also tend to go heavy on the hot sauce because I love it and lighter on the ranch dressing because I'm not crazy about it. Because I eat this with an inexcusable amount of Fritos Scoops, I try to lighten the dish by using Neufchatel (sp??) instead of cream cheese, light dressing, and low fat cheddar cheese.

Now, I ordinarily do NOT believe in going low fat when it comes to cheese. To me, low fat cheese usually = rubbery puke. But in this dip, there are so many other flavors going on that you don't even notice it. Plus, the full fat cheese tends to emit an oil when it's melted into the dip and let's face it, that just ain't pretty.

I meant to take a picture to add to this post, but I dug in too quickly. Oops! So the picture on Allrecipes.com will have to suffice. If you decide to give this dip a try, let me know how you like it!

1 comment:

  1. Cool!!!! Thanks for sharing I saved it to my recipe box!

    ReplyDelete