Monday, July 21, 2008

The Time Traveler's Wife

I've been a bad blogger lately! I've been doing a ton of reading in between going to the beach, attending a family reunion in New Jersey this past weekend, and getting ready for my upcoming trip to Colorado. So all of that adds up to no stamping (that I can share at the moment anyway!) and therefore nothing to blog about! My book club meets this Thursday and tonight I finished this month's selection, The Time Traveler's Wife.

The Time Traveler's Wife The Time Traveler's Wife
by Audrey Niffenegger


My Review
rating: 4 of 5 stars


The Time Traveler's Wife was my book club's most recent selection and, since I was so caught up in reading the Twilight Saga two weeks ago, I was afraid I'd never get through this 500+ page book in time. I don't like to start the books too far in advance because of my crappy memory, so I didn't even start it until less than a week ago. But, once I got started, it sucked me in and I was thankfully able to finish it very quickly!

I really enjoyed this book and the love shared between the two main characters, despite the inherent difficulties that come with one of them being an involuntarily time traveler who can disappear without a moment's notice and be gone for any length of time. I admit to being a little confused at a couple of parts as I tried to keep the past, present, and future, which were sometimes mixed together, straight. But nonetheless, I would definitely recommend the book. I'd been wanting to read it for a while and I'm glad my book club finally gave me the impetus to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment