Sunday, July 27, 2008

Nights in Rodanthe

Nights in RodantheNights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks

My Review
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I had never heard of this book, but saw a preview for the movie adaptation, starring Diane Lane and Richard Gere, which is opening in theaters on September 28th. The movie looked really good and, being a big Nicholas Sparks fan, I had to check out the book.

I did like it, but of the half dozen or so Nicholas Sparks books that I've read, I think this was my least favorite. The love story seemed a little too convenient, a little too contrived, and perhaps a bit unrealistic. I did shed a tear or two, and I'm convinced this is Sparks' primary goal when he sits down to write a book. He must love making people cry. This was a really quick read - I finished it in less than two hours, so while I didn't love it like I did The Notebook, it didn't require a big time commitment and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a mindless love story.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to have to check this out...I LOVE NS

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I think that is his purpose too. I cry reading all of his books. I saw the preview for the movie the other day. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete