Thursday, May 21, 2009

PTI Birthday Card

I haven't been doing a whole lot of stamping lately, but I found this card stored on my camera and realized I never shared it. I made this for my friend Rachel's birthday and drew my color inspiration from two of her favorite colors - purple and green.

It's a little bit difficult to see in the photo, but the various flowers from PTI's Life set are heat embossed with a pale lavendar embossing powder from SU that I've had for years. When I first learned about heat embossing, I thought it was the greatest technique ever and stocked up on quite a pit of powder, but for some reason (probably laziness) I hardly ever heat emboss anymore.

Anyway, the circles along the side are punched out from SU Almost Amethyst cardstock and then I added the black dot embellishments to the centers. Then I traced around the black dots with Stardust Stickles for the obligatory sparkle! The circle at the top was done with a larger circle punch and then twill was threaded through a PTI True Black button.

Supplies
Stamps: PTI Life, Birthday Basics
Ink: Versamark, Palette Noir
Paper: PTI white, Spring Moss, SU Almost Amethyst, Basic Black
Other: Stardust Stickles, SU circle punches, SU embossing powder, dot embellishments from Joann's, PTI True Black button, PTI Spring Moss twill

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love what you did with the circles! The added bling is perfect! And I like how you tied in the bigger circle at the top as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, love the bit of ribbon, perfect touch to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty! This makes me want to get out my embossing powder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LUFF this card! I Gasped when I opened it...Stunning!

    ReplyDelete