Monday, May 18, 2009

My First Digital Image

I've never ventured into the world of digital images before, but my evil enabler friend Colleen showed me this image from the Digi Shack and I had to have her! Partly because I want to be this girl right now, relaxing somewhere tropical with a pina colada in my hand! And partly because she just looked like she would be so much fun to color! When I was little my favorite coloring books were my Barbie ones, because I loved to color her outfits and hair in pretty, girly ways. So I had a blast with this image!

One of the nice things about digital images is that you can resize many of them to whatever size you need. I did decrease the size of this one before printing it, but didn't really make it quite small enough, so she rather overpowers this card. But, not one to waste cardstock and ink, I decided to use her anyway. I have a feeling I'll be coloring lots more of this image in the future. I just love her!

One cool thing I wanted to mention is that I custom-colored that twill ribbon to match the Cool Caribbean mat behind my image. I used a Copic marker, BG13, to color white twill and I am SO happy with how it turned out! It soaked up immediately, so I didn't have to wait any time at all for it to dry, and it really saturated the twill so nicely. I will definitely be doing this a lot more now that I've seen how well it works!

Supplies
Stamps: None! Image is Lani Palm Leaf from the Digi Shack
Ink: Copic markers - RV11, RV13, RV14, R20, YG63, YG67, BG13, E00, E55, E57
Paper: PTI white, SU Cool Caribbean, patterned paper from PTI Friends til the End collection
Other: PTI white twill ribbon, pink gemstones, dew drop, foam dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! We share the same reason why we had to have her. LOL! She totally reminds me of coloring in my Barbie books. ANd might I also add that i should show you the one I colored yesterday? It's scary how alike we are! Literally...SAME COLORS for everything! LOL!
    Your card is great, love the customized twill and the bling on the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soooo happy to see you coloring, this looks fantastic! I'ms so with you, wish I was somewhere tropical too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH! I love it! The size is fine and I love the paper/flowers...Perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, your card is wonderful! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! You rocked with this digital image! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete