Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lauren Meader-inspired card organizer

I made this project a couple of weeks ago and am so happy with how it turned out, but for some reason I just kept forgetting to share it here! This card organizer was inspired by this project from Lauren Meader, creator of the My Timeless Templates I used here. Lauren is one of my stamping idols and I fell in love with her project right away. I knew I could never hope to make something quite as awesome as hers, but I had to try anyway!

This organizer uses two of Lauren's templates, available for only $5 each from PTI. The base is a portion of the Filed with Flair templates and the organizer boxes themselves are from All Boxed Up. I love making non-card creations but just don't have the creativity or patience to try and figure out something like this myself. So I'm thrilled to have the templates to play with and they really are so easy to put together and personalize however you want!

I really love this color combo - Aqua Mist, Berry Sorbet, and Spring Moss - and love how they look in the patterned paper I created with Guide Lines II. Each of the boxes are stamped along the binding with a sentiment that represents the category of cards I could store in there. I think this would also be a fun gift to give someone, filled with a bunch of cards they can send out as needed. The boxes admittedly don't fit very many embellished cards in each, but quite a few one or two layer cards without bulky ribbon or buttons could be presented or stored this way.

I took pictures from a few different angles so you could see what all of the sides look like. I was going to leave the back blank, but Lauren is always saying that you should make your project look good from all angles, so I added an extra strip of the patterned paper to the back. And she's right - much better that way!

I just love how fresh and springy this is! In retrospect, I probably should have chosen colors that go with the walls of my stamp room (a deep brick red) but oh well, I think it's so pretty anyway! Hope you like it!

Supplies
Stamps: PTI Guide Lines II, Everyday Classics (for sentiments)
Ink: PTI's Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, Berry Sorbet, Pallette Noir
Paper: PTI's white, Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, Berry Sorbet
Other: Berry Sorbet saddle stitched ribbon, Filed with Flair and All Boxed Up My Timeless Templates

8 comments:

  1. WOWZA!!! This is freakin' fabulous!!! You make it look as easy as Lauren does! I love the patterned paper you created with the guidelines and these colors are sooo pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!! What an awesome idea! Pretty colors and I really like those sentiments...off to go take a look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!! This is Awesome!!! I Luff it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo CUTE Jessica.. I LOVE the colors you used!! GREAT job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Beautiful and practical too....doesn't get much better! :>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! You did an amazing job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this is so flippin' AWESOME! So cute Jess!

    ReplyDelete