Friday, April 17, 2009

Baby Shower Inspiration Challenge

For the card I'm sharing today, I made my own little inspiration challenge. I needed to make a card to include with the gift for my friend's baby shower and I decided to use the invitation as the inspiration for my card. The result was something that I wouldn't typically come up with for a baby shower, but I think it works!

The first picture is the card, which of course uses almost exclusively PTI supplies! The "bow" is made with patterned paper because I wanted it to match the top of the baby carriage and my only black polka dot ribbon has much bigger dots and just wasn't working right.

Supplies
Stamps: PTI Bitty Baby Blessings, Polka Dot Basics
Ink:
Palette Noir, PTI Lemon Tart, SU Certainly Celery
Paper: PTI white, Bitty Dot Basics patterned paper
Other: clear gemstones


And now here's the original invitation that I based the card on. (It obviously did not arrive with the black stripes across it, I was just trying to protect the privacy of my friend and the shower hostess, so imagine it without the black lines!) I had wanted to try to mimic the shade of yellow with the polka dots over it that you see on the bottom of the invitation, but it just wasn't coming out right after a number of attempts. So I had to settle on the polka dots stamped directly on the white that you see in my card above.

Thanks for stopping by today!


5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely ADORABLE!!! I love how the invitation inspired you! Your card turned out so great! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is fabulous!!!! Your friend is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea! She will treasure it Forever! It is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - turned out fantastic!
    LOSTie Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Love your invitations!

    ReplyDelete