Friday, July 4, 2008

Prayer Journal

I've been wanting to make myself a prayer journal for quite some time but never got around to it until now. It seems like recently there are an awful lot of people in my life that are in need of prayer and I don't want to leave out a single one when I say my prayers at night. So I thought this would be a nice place for me to write down names or situations that could use a little bit of extra attention from God. I love this set by Papertrey Ink - Everyday Blessings - and love their Aqua Mist color with this set. It's such a serene and tranquil color that lends itself well to a project meant to inspire reflection and meditation.

All stamps, paper, ink, and ribbon are from Papertrey, and the gemstones on the cross are from the beading section of Michael's. The notebook was a little $1.99 find from Target and the scallops were made using SU's corner rounder punch. The last finishing touch was using a white gel pen to make the little dots on each of the scallops.

It's now waaaaay past my bedtime so I'm off to get some beauty rest. I'm so happy to have the day off tomorrow so I can spend the day lounging at my favorite place - the beach!

2 comments:

  1. Jess, this is beautiful and such a great idea!!! Love the scallops, color, gemstones and of course all that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your prayer journal is beautiful, Jess, and I think that it would make a terrific gift for Sunday school teachers, friends, etc. I'm going to file this idea away for Christmas when I want to give Trav and Cupcake's Sunday school teachers a gift. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete