Sunday, July 6, 2008

Papertrey CMWC8

Another Papertrey challenge - this was a sketch and you were to use any colors you wanted, but they had to be monochromatic. I needed a birthday card for my aunt and she loves purple, so that was an easy decision! Though the flowers look like they're stamped directly in the windows, I actually stamped them on scraps of cardstock and cut them out. Then I only glued down the center of each flower so that the petals are raised up off the card for a little dimension. I'm really happy with how it turned out in real life, but couldn't for the life of me get it to show up in the picture! Oh, and I also wanted to add that the sentiment is stamped in Elegant Eggplant, (the color that's on the far left) not black as it looks in the photo!

Supplies
Stamps: Piece of Cake and Birthday Basics from Papertrey
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Lovely Lilac, Lavendar Lace, Orchid Opulence
Paper: Papertrey white, Elegant Eggplant, Lovely Lilac, Lavendar Lace, Orchid Opulence
Other: SU word window punch and 3/4" square punch, clear gemstones from Michael's

5 comments:

  1. Very nice! Love the graduated monochrome look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you finding your mojo and stamping! :)Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OJ, this is a really neat card. I like the monochromatic look. I know that your aunt will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! Love the purples you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love this! Great card, Jess!

    ReplyDelete