Sunday, August 23, 2009

Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #21

For this week's Hope Stamps Eternal's cupcake inspiration challenge, I sort of took a little creative liberty with interpreting the inspiration photo! I didn't really have any stamps that went with the theme (I was wishing I had the Fly Away set from The Greeting Farm - that would have been perfect!) so I decided to choose a few of the colors to work with instead - namely white, the aqua-ish color, and silver.

Today is my parents' 34th wedding anniversary, so I wanted to combine this challenge with a card for them. I started by using a Martha Stewart punch along the bottom of a sheet of aqua-ish paper from the Basic Grey Lemonade pack. I stuck this down on a PTI white cardstock base. The silver dragees on the "cloud" cupcakes made me think of a bunch of rhinestones, so I then adhered a Zva Creative large clear gemstone flourish on top of that. It's adhered a little higher on the card than I had planned, but I accidentally dropped it onto the card front and didn't want to run the risk of ruining that pretty paper by pulling it up to reposition it. In the top left corner, I added two white flowers from the SU pretties kit and adhered a clear gemstone from the Zva Creative Crystal Dots pack in the center. The flower embellishment was then stuck to the card front with a foam adhesive dot. To finish it off, I stamped a sentiment from PTI's Mega Mixed Messages using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

If you would like to play along, add a direct link to your creation to the Mr. Linky widget on Rachel's post. The top 5 entries submitted by Saturday night will be featured on next Sunday's collage.

And don't forget to check out what the rest of the HSE Sweeties have done with this week's challenge!

Bonnie
Carolina
Colleen
Kelli
Michelle
Natalie
Tammy

Supplies
Stamps: PTI Mega Mixed Messages
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI white, Basic Grey Lemonade
Other: Martha Stewart edge punch, foam adhesive dot, Zva Creative Crystal Dots, Zva Creative large clear gemstone flourish

7 comments:

  1. Oh I think this is beautiful! Wonderful way to interpret those yummy cupcakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply ELegant, I love it! I bet they did too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the crystal swirl...what a pefect touch and such a great take on the inspiration piece!!! Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweet mother of bling, what a beautifull card!!!!!
    I think i NEED that punch now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty. The flower and flourish just look as if they are floating in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo pretty, wish I could do more simple and elegant cards, love this!

    ReplyDelete