Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Viva la Verve Challenge #4

This card is for the 4th and final Viva la Verve Challenge. The twist for this one was to use some acetate. I REALLY struggled with this card - it took me over two hours to come up with the design and put it all together, which is a really long time considering I had the layout already decided for me! I pretty much never use acetate on my cards, so I was really stumped as to what to do. I don't have any full sheets, so there wasn't enough to use as a card base. The only acetate I had were the pieces that my PTI stamps come on - I knew I was saving those for a reason!

I ended up stamping the verse, which is my absolute favorite verse in the whole Bible, on the acetate with Palette Noir ink. I then stamped the cross with Rose Red onto PTI white cardstock and attached the acetate to the cardstock with the black brads.

I had left the white panel on the right blank at first, but sort of thought it was a little too plain, so I decided to try the polka dots to give sort of a reverse of the ribbon. I don't know how I feel about the polka dots - is it too "busy"?

I did not plan on adding that sentiment on the right - to me, the Bible verse was the sentiment. But then I looked at the sketch again and realized that sentiment strip was a component of the sketch and I didn't want to be ineligible to win just because I left that off. So, I used markers to color just the first few words of one of my Verve Plain Jane verses and stamped it on the little strip. I think it fits well with the message of the card, but I'm not sure how it works with the look of the card and everything else I've got going on there.

So that's it for the Verve challenges! I really enjoyed doing these, even the ones that took me a very long time! It's fun to have a jumping off point for the creative process, and sketches are my favorite type of challenge. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that I somehow win the grand prize and all those fabulous new Verve stamps!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Jess! I think the black polka dot ribbon sets of the white/black polka dot paper perfectly! And I like the verse/sentiment together.

    ReplyDelete