Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Final Card Kits

The first kit today is actually not for a card, it's for a little treat bag! Barb sent us a video tutorial for this little bag and you can view that tutorial here. She also sent us the mini brown lunch bags needed for the project - just cut them down as instructed in the video (I cut mine down to 2.5") and adhere the die cut pieces as the front and back of the bag. I included both front and side shots so you can get a better idea of what the finished project looks like. This was a really quick and easy project (especially since the piece were already die cut for us!) and would be fairly simple to reproduce as favors for wedding or
bridal showers or really any other
occasion where you need cute packaging for a little treat! The paper that Barb included in her kit is so pretty and is flocked for some fun texture. I'd never made a little bag like this before and I really like it!

The next card is made with Tammi's kit. Hers features another Changito stamp - I think these girls were trying to kill me by making me butcher all these monkeys with my poor coloring! I stamped the background of the card with PTI's Polka Dot Basics to mimic the polka dots on the patterned paper by Fancy Pants Designs. I kept this card very simple - just a few layers of paper and then the main image is popped up with dimensionals on a mat punched with my Marvy mega scalloped oval punch.

And finally, we have the card I made with Colleen's kit. This image is from a set by Storage Units, Ink, and More and definitely forced me to stretch my creativity a little, as I don't normally stamp with images like this one. I colored the boy and girl with SU and Copic markers and kept this one pretty simple too, only adding the small flower gemstones in the corner.

Well that's it for the kits! We've got another round of kits coming up, this time with a Spring/Easter theme, and I'm currently debating whether I
should join that one too. So, you just might be seeing another bunch of kit cards in a month or so!

2 comments:

  1. They are all so so cute! Love what you did with the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you rocked Barb's kit! That bag is so cute!

    ReplyDelete