Monday, September 15, 2008

My Return to Stamp Camp

I used to be a SU demo, as SU was my first stamping love. After a while though, I found I wasn't enjoying it anymore. Designing and prepping cards for stamp camp became a chore and I realized it was time for me to say farewell to my demoship. Plus, I was rapidly discovering a plethora of other stamping products out there and just couldn't buy them all while making my demo minimums at the same time! Fast forward to a few weeks ago when my former upline, who has become more of a hobby demo now, asked if I would be interested in running stamp camps with her again - she would do two cards and I would do two as well. I said I would, but only if she was ok with me using non-SU products. She agreed and the following cards were the projects I designed and taught:

I really struggled with the butterflies - I didn't know if I wanted one butterfly, two, or perhaps if I should leave it sans any butterflies at all. I decided to put two on so my campers could see how it looked and they could do what they wanted with their own card. They all decided on two. :-) I am SO happy with SU's new Baja Breeze color. It's so gorgeous!!
Supplies
Stamps: A Muse sentiment
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, PTI white
Other: SU scallop edge punch, Martha Stewart Royal Butterfly punch, PTI dark chocolate twill ribbon, paisley cuttlebug embossing folder, clear spica pen

Sorry for the less than ideal picture of this one - it somehow came out a little blurry, but quite frankly, once I realized it, I had already uploaded and resized it and was too lazy to take a new picture! This was just a sweet and simple card. It's tough to tell in the picture, but the ladybug is cut out and popped up on dimenstionals to look like she's flying.

Supplies
Stamps: PTI's Little Lady, sentiment from Lizzie Anne Designs
Ink: Palette Noir, PTI Berry Sorbet
Paper: PTI White & Berry Sorbet
Other: SU double slot punch, PTI Berry Sorbet twill ribbon, dimensionals, Sakura stardust pen

6 comments:

  1. They are both Lovely!!!! I am liking the look of the Baja!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jess these are both so pretty! love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, both cards are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two butterflies, definitely! Love the colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty cards!! I love Baja Breeze too and it's gorgeous embossed! I like the little swirl you added to ladybug, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They both turned out great!!!! I love that new Baja Breeze color and every time I see someone use the Little Lady set, I think of you. It has become your signature set!!!

    ReplyDelete