Saturday, September 13, 2008

In the Christmas Mood

Looking at all of the holiday items posted today by the Papertrey design team really got me in a holiday mood. Those ladies are so talented and I cannot wait for this month's PTI release - it's shaping up to be my favorite one yet!

My friends Kim and Tammi challenged each other to use their neglected A Muse ovals this weekend. Well, I decided to get in on the challenge, because I haven't used mine in ages! I was trying to think of the perfect thing to put on the oval and, given my Christmasy mood, I decided this Riley was just the guy for the job. I stamped Riley with Palette Noir ink and then masked his bottom half so I could stamp the oval in Versamark. That gave me just enough of the oval outline to be able to trace it with my glue pen and then dump Dazzling Diamonds all over for some sparkly snow.

I really need to learn how to watercolor, because I think I ruined this card with my streaky coloring of Riley. But, the coloring was the last step I did and I wasn't about to redo the whole card! I'm also annoyed at my brads (which are glittery in case you can't tell) not being lined up even though I used my paper piercing guide to mark where to punch the holes. Oh well, hopefully all the pretty sparkles will overshadow those things!

Supplies
Stamps: Carrying Tree Riley, A Muse oval
Ink: Pallete Noir, Close to Cocoa, Cranberry Crisp, Old Olive
Paper: Old Olive, Cranberry Crisp, PTI white, SU designer paper from a few years go
Other: Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Stardust Stickles (for snowflakes), brads from Imaginesce

5 comments:

  1. Jess, I think that your Riley card is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, another oval challenge card. I LOVE your sparkly oval. It's perfect for that Riley. Love the paper combos too. I always get ticked when I use the mat pack and my holes still come out uneven. Oh well, doesn't matter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jess, so glad you did the challenge, love your holiday card!! I like your layout of the papers, they are really pretty and go great with the moose image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute! love the paper and the glitter!

    ReplyDelete