Sunday, March 1, 2009

PTI Birthday Card

I haven't stamped anything in the last few days, but I've got a few card photos stored on my camera that I haven't shared yet. This card was for my friend Stacy's birthday a few weeks ago. Each of the strips - Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides, and Dark Chocolate, were stamped with a different border from the new PTI Retro backgrounds and borders sets.

I stamped this card at night and waited until the next morning to take the photo when I had some good lighting. Well when I went to take the photo, I noticed the pattern I'd stamped on the Aqua Mist was pretty much invisible and the pattern on Ocean Tides was very pale too. Not sure what happened, but I was able to restamp the pattern on the Ocean Tides strip before I took this photo. With the ribbon in the way up top, I couldn't redo the stamping on the Aqua Mist, so that strip looks like I didn't stamp on it at all. :-(

I dotted the center circles on the brown strip pattern with a silver glitter gel pen for a little sparkle, stamped a sentiment from PTI's Birthday Basics, and finished it off with some Dark Chocolate satin polka dot ribbon. I've used the Aqua Mist/Ocean Tides/Dark Chocolate combo before, but I really like the addition of Lemon Tart for a little brightness!

1 comment: