Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mojo Monday 75

This card was for the Verve Mojo Monday sketch #75. I flipped the sketch vertically because I wanted it to fit the sentiment I chose, which is from Verve's Meditations stamp set. I made this for a co-worker whose brother unexpectedly passed away. Those who know me know how close I am with my brother, so to me that is one of the worst things I can imagine. There's not much I can do to comfort her, but hopefully this card brought a quick second of calm to her.

The main image panel features the butterfly and part of the large swirly vine from PTI's With Sympathy. I have to say, I'm loving this set! And not just for sympathy cards - I've made 3 or 4 cards with it just since it arrived last week, and this is the only one that's actually a sympathy card! The vine is stamped in Spring Moss and the butterfly is in Lemon Tart. I pulled my color scheme from the patterned paper, which is from PTI's Polka Dot Parade Collection. This card took me a while because it's more layers than I'm used to doing on layouts I design myself, but I liked stepping out of the box. Having so many components to a sketch forces me to use more of my supplies too! The 7 dots beneath the image are 1/4" circles punched out of Aqua Mist cardstock with a clear gemstone adhered to each of them. I pierced both pieces of Spring Moss cardstock to frame the image and the sentiment and stamped the scallops with my SU punch.

8 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I really love the lovely soft colors of your card. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, your card is so PRETTY. I know that your coworker will appreciate the love that you put into making the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So..I open reader.
    I see Jess has a new post.
    I open.
    My mouth hangs open!
    That is SO pretty! Gorgeous!
    I want to copy that layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Love the soft delicate feel of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess this is beautiful. I am sure it was very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is gorgeous!!!
    LOSTie Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fantastic card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete