Sunday, November 1, 2009

Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #31

Welcome to the 31st Cupcake Inspiration Challenge from Hope Stamps Eternal!

These cupcakes are so pretty and spring-like, right? Well leave it to me to make a winter card out of it! The inspiration I took from this week's photo are the colors - the red, pale aqua, yellow, and green. I thought the Jolly by Golly paper from Cosmo Cricket pulled variations of those colors in really nicely, so that's what I used on my card today.

When trying to decide what stamp to use, I noticed the striped scarf on one of the Anyas in the Rain, Snow, Shine set from The Greeting Farm and thought it would be fun to use my Copics to color her scarf to match the paper. I like it! Sort of a faux paper piecing in a way. Anya's trim (earmuff band, buttons, etc.) are touched up with a clear Sakura Stardust pen for some nice sparkle, and to add some extra bling, I added a clear Zva Creative crystal dot to the center of my snowflake embellishment (created with two sizes of snowflake punches).

For the final touch, the edge of the cake plate in the photo made me think of dew drops, so I added a bunch of those to the border of my card using a Sakura Quickie glue pen.

If you'd like to play along, add a direct link to your project to the Mr. Linky widget on Rachel's post. The top 5 entries linked up by 9pm MST next Saturday night will be featured in next Sunday's collage.

Ok, now it's just about time to go and visit the other Sweeties, but I first wanted to mention that this is Tammy's last week with the HSE design team. She has been a great addition to our team and will be missed! But every cloud has a silver lining, so I'd like to give a big welcome to Teresa Kline, who will be taking Tammy's place as a Sweetie for the next couple of months. Check her out!

Bonnie
Carolina
Colleen
Kelli
Michelle
Natalie
Tammy

Supplies
Stamps:
Rain, Snow, Shine set from The Greeting Farm
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Paper:
Jolly by Golly from Cosmo Cricket, PTI Aqua Mist, white, and Pure Poppy
Other:
clear Sakura Stardust pen, clear Zva Creative crystal dot, dew drops, Sakura Quickie glue pen

9 comments:

  1. adorable, great crystal dot frame...wonderful idea!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card. I love how you used those (spring-like) colors for a Wintery card. It's just so pretty and the dewdrops around the edge are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! The colors do go together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! This is so gorgeous! So striking and it really pulls those cupcakes in so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORABLE!!! Beautifully colored and love the dew drop frame...what a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jessica! Your card is adorable! LOVE all the dew drops, and the coloring on her scarf is perfect! I would swear you paper-pieced it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luvin' all those dew drops and this little girlie is the sweetest! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omgosh my eyes didn't even register the pretty cake stand in the photo...lol. I love what you did with the dew drops!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so creative. I love the card. I love cupcakes too, but at least I don't want to eat the card.

    I have a giveaway on my blog. Click on the WHAT IS IT? Giveaway picture in one of the right sidebars to get to it.
    theprovidentwoman.com

    ReplyDelete