Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Slainte

Today was a very exciting mail day! I got my first ever mail from Ireland! If you don't know me personally, you've probably figured out from my blog title that I LOVE anything Irish. So when Claire Brennan of Waltzingmouse Stamps started previewing her newest stamp sets, release day couldn't come fast enough! If I had designed Irish/Celtic themed sets myself, I couldn't have done a better job of coming up with exactly what I wanted. I ordered the sets the very morning they went live and was so excited to see the package waiting when I got home from work today!

Here's the first card I made with my new toys, using FTL 49 from the Clean & Simple blog. The main shamrock image is from Celtic Heritage and the knotted border and the sentiment are both from Irish Blessings. Some PTI twine finished off this quick and easy card.

I've been working on going to bed early in the summer since there is no good TV on to keep me up late, so I'm off to bed. But you can bet you'll be seeing more of these new sets many many times!

Supplies
Stamps: Celtic Heritage and Irish Blessings from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: SU Garden Green, PTI Spring Moss
Paper: PTI white and Spring Moss, SU Garden Green
Other: PTI twine

6 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! I got mine too and can't Wait to ink them up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Jess! I know this stamp set is right up your ally! I just made a card using this layout tonight too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool Jess!
    LOSTie Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wonderful. Love the design. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the knotted patterned paper you stamped and the twine is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love getting mail from far away...pretty Jess!

    ReplyDelete