Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #29

Happy Sunday and welcome to this week's Cupcake Inspiration Challenge! These little witches are so sweet perched on top of those yummy looking cupcakes!

My card kind of took on a mind of its own as I was making it, and I don't know that I'm really pleased with the final result, but you win some and you lose some, right?!

My main inspiration came mainly from the colors, though the overcast weather we've been having didn't exactly allow me to get the best photo of my card to showcase the colors I used! The top panel is black cardstock embossed with the Perfectly Paisley cuttlebug folder. I then outlined the embossed shapes with a Sakura Stardust pen to really make them pop. The kraft panel on the bottom was stamped with a greeting from the Greeting Farm set called Sentiments, embellished with a Zva Creative crystal flourish, and punched along the bottom with a Martha Stewart Scallop Dot edge punch. Finally, to finish off the card, I added a strip of brown cardstock along where the black and kraft panels meet and covered that with a strip of sheer white polka dot May Arts ribbon.

If you'd like to play along, add a direct link to your project to the Mr. Linky widget on Rachel's post. The top 5 entries linked up by next Saturday night will be featured in next Sunday's collage.

Ok, now it's time to go and visit the other Sweeties!

Bonnie
Carolina
Colleen
Kelli
Michelle
Natalie
Tammy

Supplies
Stamps: Sentiments by The Greeting Farm
Ink: PTI Dark Chocolate
Paper: PTI Dark Chocolate, True Black, Kraft
Other: Scallop Dot Edger punch from Martha Stewart,
Perfectly Paisley cuttlebug folder, Sakura Stardust pen, Zva Creative crystal flourish, sheer white polka dot May Arts ribbon

8 comments:

  1. What a glitzy take on the inspiration piece - love al the texture too! Hope you're having a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I love the Paisley Embossing and the Bling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I dont think it got away from you at all, and the bling swirls are a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO PRETTY! Love the paisley with the outlines!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. luvin all the bling, sweet card...have a wonderful evening!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I LOVE the detail you added to the embossing! Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete